Why you must presell
The number one strategy to increase your affiliate sales is preselling.
Before we begin, we need to first define what preselling is. There are two components to it – art & science. It’s a process of taking your reader and getting them ready to buy. Then when they’re ready, refer them to the product website so they can buy it. And if it’s done properly, the process is completely sub-conscious.
The gist is that you give your reader some useful information. And give them a link to the product you’re preselling. We’ll get into how to do it correctly in a minute. But before we do, you need to know why it’s so important. Just a few of the reasons you want to presell.
- It builds trust – Once you have your readers’ trust, they will click your links more readily. Which obviously means you’ll make more sales.
- It disarms your reader – When you’re preselling vs. pitching, you’re reader doesn’t feel the need to be guarded. And in turn they read to understand what you’re saying. And your intention is conveyed more easily.
- It creates buying readiness – Your readers are now receiving your message. Being open means, they are open to everything you give them. Like the info on product sales page you’ve linked to. Being open to a sales message is what it means being in a buying mood.
- Your commissions go up – You’ve prepped them and referred them in the right state of mind. Open to the sales message and feeling safe. This dramatically boosts your sales rate!
- It increases customer satisfaction – Plus, they feel they’ve made the buying decision on their own. Instead of being manipulated into buying. And this leads to greater satisfaction with the product.
- It boosts – Happy customers ask for refunds much less often. Which means you keep more of your affiliate commissions.
The need to presell is clear. You increase your profits. And produce happier customers. That’s a clear win-win.
Now, here’s how preselling works:
OK, now you understand why it’s so important. So, hopefully you’ve decided to start preselling. So, it’s time to break down how it works. As I mentioned earlier, it’s both an art and a science.
The art of preselling
The first step is in getting your readers to trust you and open up. Honestly, the only way to do this is to provide real value in you content. But you can’t give them so much that they think they have everything they could need, and that’s what makes it an art. The idea is that they want more and the sales page you send them to gives them more. And because you’ve gained trust, they’re more receptive to the sales message and more likely to buy.
It’s also a science
There’s also a specific formula you need to follow.
The first is how you present the information. You need to know where you’re going before you begin. Your end goal is to make a sale of the product you’re preselling. How can providing information accomplish this goal? First, you can provide useful but incomplete information. The other method is to explain all the details and expose how difficult it is to do what you’re explaining. Either way, the product sales page solves the problem.
Next, you have to use “convert linking” methods. Instead, you use a direct link to the product website. That’s because nobody likes to click on affiliate links. But, without your affiliate link, how do you get credit? Well, that’s part of the science of this whole process. You use the “covert cookie” strategy.
The next trick is to hyperlink specific words and phrases inside the content of the article you’re providing. People are used to clicking on hyperlinked words to get information they’re looking for. And if the words you hyperlink relate, your reader will naturally click them for more information.
Using this system, you’re virtually guaranteed to increase your affiliate business success.
It’s extremely difficult to do this correctly. Let’s talk about everything required to put this plan into action: Awesome content. First and foremost, you have to be able to write a great article that provides valuable information. This means you have to be able to write well, and have enough knowledge to be useful. Writing to presell. Yes, you must providing useful content. And you have to make the content accessible in order to provide value. And somehow also make them want to learn more. Or provide so much information that they see how hard it will be to implement.
Choosing your products. Next, you’ve got to pick the right product to presell. Even if you can pull off writing and great article. All your efforts are wasted if you send your reader to the wrong sales letter.
The technical know-how And finally, you need the technical know-how to embed your image tag and make sure you get credit for the sale. This is fairly simple – you use a 1 X 1 image and set the “source” to your affiliate link. (Just don’t mess it up. Otherwise, you won’t get credit for your sales.)
Now you know exactly how to presell effectively. Preselling properly will boost your affiliate profits up to 500%! So, start now and develop preselling content for all your affiliate promotions. Please don’t be lazy. Make the extra effort required to propel your affiliate business to the next level.