Winning Affiliate Marketing Strategies
Affiliate marketing is by far the fastest way to get started making money online. Affiliate marketing means that all you do is sendhits to someone else’s website, they do all the hard work of developing the product, making the sale, delivering the product and supporting the customer, and you keep 50% or more of the sales
These are a some of the benefits
- You can start right now with no up-front costs and no need to develop a product, write the sales page, develop the website, create marketing materials, or set up the ordering, billing & delivery system.
- There’s no time required on your partbecause you don’t have to do the customer support or deal with billing or technical issues.
- There’s no risk for you, because the product owner has already done all the research , development and testing. So if you send visitors you will get paid.
Looking at these benefits, it’s clear that affiliate marketing is the way to go!
The downside is…
You work hard to send the traffic to the product owner’s website, but once you do that you will never see those visitors again. Unfortunately, the majority of those visitors (at least 90%) will not buy on their first visit. The 10% or less that make a purchase now belong to the product owner. She can sell them additional products, but you can never sell to them again.
What’s the solution?
Simply put, you need to capture the name and email of your visitors *before* sending them to the product sales page. This way you can follow up with them and keep sending them back to the sales page to increase your chances of making the sale. And if you’re really on top of your game, you’ll then send to a content mini-site in between.
Here’s what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- By building your own list, you’re creating a renewable resource that you can tap again and again for instant profits.
- You’re generating good will by giving them high-quality content. This way, they are much more likely to make a purchase when you send them to the sales page.
Here’s what you’ll need to create affiliate tools like this:
- A Video Squeeze Page (with video)
- Several high-quality content pages
- A multi-part email series with at least 5 emails in it
The video squeeze page is where you’ll direct your traffic instead of directly to the product sales page. It captures the name and email of your visitors and puts them into your autoresponder, which then begins sending out the 5-part email series. Then it redirects them to your content pages after they subscribe to your email series.
These high-quality content pages provide value and build good will. This way your visitor is more likely to buy when they get to the product owner’s website. While they’re reading the content you’ve provided, your email system is already following up with them to send them back to the product website again and again.
All of this together increases your chances of making the sale by up to 500% so it’s well worth the effort of setting it up. After setting it up, you simply send visitors to your squeeze page instead of the sales page. And the rest runs on auto-pilot.
If you don’t have the time or expertise to set it all up yourself, you can use something like Affiliate Silver Bullet. With a service like that, you don’t have to do anything. They make the video, build the squeeze page, write the email series, develop the content mini-site, etc. And then just give you a finished package. The benefit is that it’s much less expensive then you could do it yourself, and it’s instantly set up. The downside is that other people will be using the same affiliate tools as you. But the internet is pretty big, so this isn’t much of a concern.
The other route you can take is to hire people on Elance to create and implement the various aspects for you. Either way, it’s an important step that you need to take if you’re going to be serious about your affiliate marketing.